Vivre la revolution! Vivre Saint-Jean! This was no quiet revolution. Campus Saint-Jean has successfully overthrown their anglophone oppressors and established a new, egalitarian state that shall no longer be ignored!
As those ignorant anglophones fled with their tails between their legs, a provisional student government has been set-up in Lacerte Pavilion. Already, Campus Saint-Jean has listed a series of reforms including:
- Making Campus Saint-Jean the first location for any Students’ Union elections debate.
- Introducing French cuisine on campus, particularly in Lister.
- Creating their own mascot, like a polar bear named Blanche or something.
- People who took French in High School must at least try to practice it.
- Campus Saint-Jean must have a rail-line connecting it to North and South Campus. Failing that, a shuttle straight to The Marc or Le Creperie.
- French subs (not dubs) for all lectures
- A Euro exchanger.
- An expansion to CJSR radio signals and more French programming.
- The absolute ability to use Myer Horowitz to stream Eurovision.
- French wine and champagne for days (served with cheese and crackers).
- Another French café.
- More art.
- A frank phone call with the Students’ Union.
“D’abord, l’école, ensuite, la ville, et finalement, TIM HORTONS!”
The revolution will be expected to settle down and establish a new global brand to conquer neighbouring universities or be annexed by MacEwan. Until then, students are invited to Campus Saint-Jean to throw pies at an effigy of University of Alberta president Dave Turnip.
Nous sommes Saint-Jean! Oui! Oui! Oui!